SLTV: ‘One Of The Biggest Problems With Academies In South Africa…’
One of South Africa’s rising football stars, Lyle Foster, gave Coerver Coaching’s Cayle Coetsee some insight into life under COVID-19 lockdown in Belgium.
As training indoors has become the new normal for many players, the former Orlando Pirates trainee took part in a simple session of ball exercises from the relative comfort of his back patio.
Once training concluded, the 19-year-old shared his experience playing in Europe, the biggest difference between development in Mzansi and abroad and the biggest mentality problem PSL academies have.
The SA U23 international also shared his experience playing with one of the Premier League’s greatest midfielders and what he’s learned during this stressful time.
During this insightful interview, both Foster and Coetsee also said…
- "What we learn at 13-years-old they’ve been learning since they were eight…"
- "Winning isn’t the main goal in Europe, but rather the intense focus on development..."
- "I like learning languages…"
- "Luther Singh getting involved…"
- "That’s going to benefit your game hugely…"
Do you think more young South Africans should play in Europe from an early age?