SLTV: ‘I Was Selected To Train With Liverpool’
From Ghana to Europe and now plying his trade in South Africa, Black Leopards midfielder, Mumuni Abubakar, shared his football journey in this SLTV exclusive.
The 27-year-old started his career in Ghana, however before his talent caught the eye of scouts, family members were skeptical as he decided to pursue a professional football career.
Remembering his late mother, Abubakar went against the grain and his ability was clear for all to see back home.
As a natural leader on the field, personal accolades were not in short supply, but how did this promising Europe-bound player end up in Thohoyandou?
During this interview with Soccer Laduma, the former Black Stars international also said:
- "My mother wanted me to be an engineer or a doctor..."
- "In the 2010/11 season, I was the player of the year in the Ghana Premier League…"
- "It’s been very tough for us…"
- "There are many that I look up to…"
- "I would love to help the teams win trophies…"
Do you think that Black Leopards will survive this season if the PSL returns?