Maritzburg United have suffered from something of an injury crisis so far this season. Despite having to deal with the injuries afflicting the side, Ernst Middendorp's charges have still managed to collect a creditable eight points from their opening six matches.
However, the club are facing a tough challenge in putting together a competitive side ahead of the Team of Choice's Telkom Knockout clash with Platinum Stars on October 6.
This is something Maritzburg captain, Michael Morton, referred to in his interview in edition 841 of Soccer-Laduma. He said, "It's been one of the tough aspects at the moment. We're struggling to get our best eleven onto the field."
Maritzburg released a comprehensive list of their injured players on the club's website. They also gave details of how long the players are expected to be out for.
1) Delron Buckley: Currently out with a hamstring injury. Two to three weeks before his comeback.
2) David Booysen: Got injured in July and is expected to be out for two another months.
3) Dillon Sheppard: Picked up a minor knee injury. Expected to be out for 10 days.
4) Peter Petersen: Suffering with a minor knee Injury. Ruled out for another 10 days.
5) Ashley Hartog: Hamstring strain suffered in the recent Moroka Swallows match. Expected to take four weeks for recovery.
6) Yakubu Mohammed: Picked up a calf strain. Out for two weeks.
7) Nhlanhla Vilakazi : Injured in a collision during pre-season. Expected back at the end of October.
8) Thami Mkhize: Suffered a Medial Collateral Ligament injury on his right knee. Not yet clear when he will return.