Black Leopards boss David Thidiela will on Monday know the outcome of his appeal on a one-year ban imposed by the Premier Soccer League earlier this year.
The Siya crew broke the news that the veteran administrator and a member of the PSL executive committee was barred from any football activities for 12-months and, all in all, the club was sanctioned to pay R1.2-million.
It was the ruling from the league’s independent disciplinary committee following his attack on referee Victor Hlungwani after an Absa Premiership match in September last year at the Thohoyandou Stadium.
Sending a clear message on discrimination, the league’s prosecutor Nande Becker advocated for a five-year ban, but the panel reduced it to just 12 months plus a monetary fine. But Thidiela went to SAFA to appeal the ban back in March.
The Siya crew has now followed up after a hearing sat yesterday and the mother body has said that there will be an outcome on Monday.
“I don’t think it would have taken the chairperson of the appeals board to come to a decision so quickly. So we are expecting an outcome on Monday,” said Russell Paul, the acting CEO at SAFA.
According to the NSL rules, the appeal does not set aside the original ban – meaning Thidiela is expected to have not been involved in football activities during that spell. Should the ruling on Monday go in his favour, the PSL executive committee, which suspended him, will deliberate his role going forward.