The Premier Soccer League confirmed important protocols and procedures that all clubs need to follow for the new 2020/21 DStv Premiership season.
A new era in the PSL will kick-off this weekend when teams play their opening fixtures of the inaugural DStv Premiership campaign.
However, due to the ongoing restrictions in Level 01 of the COVID-19 lockdown, teams still need to follow strict protocols. The league has since confirmed the following:
“DStv Premiership: Protocols and match procedures
In preparation of the opening weekend DStv Premiership fixtures, the League has outlined some of the health and match day protocols at stadiums.
Each member club must appoint a Compliance Officer.
Clubs will be required to change jerseys at half-time.
Screening at Match Venues:
All players, technical members, match officials, medical personnel, support staff, suppliers and television crews must be temperature screened before they enter the stadium.
Moment of Silence and Applause:
The League will observe a moment of silence for Covid19 victims followed by applause for frontline workers before kick-off of each match.
- There will be no mandatory water/cooling breaks.
- The normal rules will apply, the match officials will decide as per the rules.
Substitutions and Team lists:
- Teams can list 11 players (starting)
- Seven technical team on the bench (5+2)
- Nine (9) substitutes can be named.
- Three (3) substitution opportunities during the game (plus half time, which isn’t counted as one of the 3)
- Five (5) changes allowed for all DStv Premiership matches
- Five (5) changes allows plus one (1) additional during extra time for Cup matches."