Denis Onyango may have been recognised as the best goalkeeper on the continent, but the Ugandan international’s market value is still not the highest in the Premier Soccer League according to Transfermarkt.com.
Onyango was named in CAF’s 2018 Best African XI, alongside the likes of Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah from Liverpool.
The Ugandan has been influential for both club and country, having won several domestic and continental honours with Mamelodi Sundowns.
However, despite the player’s success, Kaizer Chiefs’ number one, Itumeleng Khune still has the highest market value compared to any other goalkeeper currently plying their trade in the Premier Soccer League. This according to the figures on transfermarkt.com.
Here are the top 10 goalkeepers with the highest market values:
1. Itumeleng Khune (Kaizer Chiefs) - €1,25M (±R20M)
2. Denis Onyango (Mamelodi Sundowns)- €1M (±R16M)
3. Darren Keet (Bidvest Wits) – €900 thousand (±R14M)
4. Ronwen Williams (SuperSport United) – €800 thousand (±R13M)
5. Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United) – €650 thousand (±R10M)
6. Richard Ofori (Maritzburg United) – €500 thousand (±R8M)
7. George Chigova (Polokwane City) – €475 thousand (±R7.5M)
8. Patrick Tignyemb (Celtic), Badra Sangare (Stars), Sage Stephens (City) – €450 thousand (±R7.1M)
9. Reyaad Pieterse (Mamelodi Sundowns) – €400 thousand (±R6.3M)
10. Nkosingiphile Gumede (Golden Arrows) – €350 thousand (±R5.5M)