Pirates Challenge Wits In Skills Test
Orlando Pirates challenge Wits University in the #HereToCreate campaign.
Orlando Pirates have challenged Wits University as Thabo Qalinge, Thembinkosi Lorch and Abbubaker Mobara showcase their skills and flick the ball into an empty bin.
In conjunction with adidas, the Buccaneers have set the challenge for Wits University with all Varsity Football teams expected to join in on the challenge.
adidas is running a campaign where a number of high profile athletes, including Bidvest Wits’ Daine Klate, have uploaded their own videos in order to get adidas to donate shoes to charity.
In line with the #HereToCreate campaign, adidas has opened up an ambassador program competition, offering youths the chance to become an adidas creator.
The lucky winner will receive R20 000 worth of adidas kit and R30 000 towards their tuition or sports development. In addition, spot prizes can also be won!To enter the competition to become an adidas creator follow the seven easy steps:
1. Make a creative training video showcasing your skills (on your phone is fine).
2. Challenge a friend, work colleague or fellow sportsman.
3. Use the hashtag #HereToCreate.
4. Add the hashtag #SLSkills.
5. Share with your followers on as many social media platforms as you can.
6. Make sure your post is on public view
7. Tag @adidasZA and mention that for each video created, adidas will be donating a pair of shoes to a charity and you will stand a chance to become an adidas Creator plus R20 000 of kit and R30 000 towards your tuition fees.
For more on the competition, check out Soccer Laduma's Facebook page and the Soccer Laduma Twitter account using @Soccer_Laduma handle.
#HERETOCREATE Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This competition runs from 08h00 5 September 2017 to midnight on 15 October 2017.
2. The promoter is adidas South Africa (Pty) Ltd whose registered office is 2nd Floor, Unit 2C, Black River Park, North Park, Fir Road, Observatory, 7925, Cape Town, South Africa.
3. This competition is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa except any person who is-
3.1 a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to the promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by, the promoter; or
3.2 a supplier of goods or services in connection with the competition.
4. To stand a chance to win, a participant must be an adidas3stripes member and reside in South Africa. By entering this competition you agree to comply and abide with these terms and conditions. Participants can enter the competition by publicly posting an original video on either Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, that illustrates their skills or a creative component about how they train for sport and must use #HERETOCREATE and tag @adidasZA. An original creative adidas sport commercial will also constitute an entry. Participants can enter individually or in groups and submit multiple entries. Video must be posted on public view in order to track entry – private posts cannot be viewed.
5. For every video publicly posted, adidas will donate a pair of shoes or item of apparel to a charitable cause, either associated to adidas SA, or a charity selected by an adidas Creator (ambassador). Donations are limited to 3000 items/pairs
6. During the course of the competition, the judges may choose creative video entries that stand out, and these participants will receive ad hoc prizes in the form of adidas performance apparel or footwear up to the retail value of R500. Within 2 weeks of the closing date, for the most creative videos, up to 5 winners will be decided by a panel of judges. The winners will each receive adidas performance kit for a year to the retail value of R20 000, with the ultimate winner receiving a contribution of R30 000 (over and above the kit) towards his/her tuition or towards the advancement of a sporting career (as to what constitutes advancement of a sporting career in the exclusive discretion of adidas). Should a video that contains multiple participants be selected as a winner, the prize will be split between the participants.
7. The winners (ad hoc and ultimate) will be decided by a panel of judges, contacted via social media within 5 days and also be announced on social media.
8. The prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. Size, colour and product piece may vary and are determined by availability. JUDGES’ DECISION IS FINAL AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO.
9. adidas reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such event, you hereby waive any rights or expectations which you may have against adidas and acknowledge that you will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against adidas.
10. These Terms and Conditions are also available by phoning (021) 422 6200 (standard Telkom rates apply) and at www.adidas3stripes.co.za.