SuperSport United have officially withdrawn their offer for Kaizer Chiefs striker Lehlohonolo Majoro, with Stan Matthews saying that they did not know that a reported pre-contract with Orlando Pirates had been signed by the player.
"We had agreed personal terms with Majoro and in principle he was a SuperSport United player," said the SuperSport CEO in a press release.
"Unfortunately we didn't know that he had signed a pre-contract with Orlando Pirates without his agent being notified.
"So we as a club have decided to withdraw our offer for his services and wish him well for his future.
"We will renegotiate George Maluleka's deal with Kaizer Chiefs."
The Siya crew reported earlier on Monday that the announced moved was set to be called off after the revelation that Majoro had not signed his contract with Matsatsantsa - despite SuperSport, Kaizer Chiefs and his agent Tim Sukazi confirming the deal on Friday.
Read: Majoro's Move To SuperSport Off!
Matthews told the Siya crew this afternoon that they were waiting for the mess to be sorted out, before the club officially confirmed that the plug had been pulled on the deal.
They said on their official Twitter account, "We have officially withdrawn our offer for L.Majoro's services," before adding, "George Maluleka's move to @Kaizer_Chiefs will be renegotiated."
The latter tweet means that, as explained by the Siya crew earlier, Chiefs will need to offer up more cash to make up for the fact that Majoro will not be moving to Tshwane.
Follow us on Twitter: @Soccer_Laduma