Despite interest from Mamelodi Sundowns, George Maluleka’s representative says that the midfielder is going nowhere.
The Siya crew reported in this week’s edition of Soccer-Laduma, issue 836, that the Brazilians were still keen to try and land the 24-year-old, even though they had been constantly rebuffed by SuperSport United.
Maluleka socred the winner for SuperSport in their 1-0 win over University of Pretoria having recently returned to the team.
It is believed that Downs recently tried to ‘tap-up’ the midfielder, visiting his house and contacting his parents.
However, Glyn Binkin, who looks after the talented midfield man, says that Maluleka is not leaving, with his only ambition at present being to do well for his current head coach, Cavin Johnson.
Binkin said, “George is under contract to SuperSport where he is very happy as you could see by his performance on Wednesday evening.
"His ultimate aim is to play abroad and I have no doubt that under the guidance of coach Cavin Johnson and at a club like SuperSport, who encourages their players to have aspirations of playing their football at the highest possible levels, that in time he will develop into a player of International standing.
“Whilst it is flattering that he has attracted the attention of other clubs in South Africa, he will remain at SuperSport and help them to achieve their goals as a club and his personal goals as a player.”
The PSL transfer window will slam shut at 17h00 today at it seems that Sundowns will continue to miss out on their long-term target.