Kaizer Chiefs face Free State Stars this evening as they look to – for now at least – overtake Orlando Pirates, and there are some interesting stats to be read going into the encounter.
Giovanni Solinas is going up against his former team, whom he says he still supports, in Bethlehem, with the Glamour Boys aiming for just their second win of the 2018/19 Absa Premiership campaign after a difficult start.
Chiefs won 4-1 in their last game as they thumped Cape Town City in the Western Cape, and the Italian will be hoping for more of the same in the Free State this evening.
Five Interesting Stats:
- Chiefs haven’t won back-to-back away games in nearly a year, the last time they did so was in October 2017, and they also haven’t won consecutive games at all since April.
- So far this season, Stars have the worst defensive record in the league having conceded nine goals in five games, though Chiefs aren’t too far behind after conceded eight in six.
- Ea Lla Koto are on their longest winless streak – four games – since November last year, however their form in the Absa Premiership is dire. They have won just two of their last 15 matches.
- The Amakhosi are actually six games unbeaten away from home, and avoiding defeat tonight would see them go seven away games without defeat for the first time since April 2017.
- It’s almost eight years since the last time Stars beat Chiefs in an Absa Premiership game, with that victory coming in December 2010 as they snuck a 1-0 victory.
Who do you think will be victorious this evening?