Former Orlando Pirates coach Milutin ‘Micho’ Sredojevic has reacted angrily to sex scandal allegations and saying that they are ‘threatening to destroy’ him.
Following his shock resignation from Pirates last Friday hours before a crucial MTN8 match against Highlands Park, Sredojevic went on to join Egyptian club Zamalek, although earlier indications had been that he was on his way to Serbia to be with his sick mother when he left the Buccaneers.
Following his sudden departure from Bucs, it was reported in the local media that there was a case against the coach for ‘indecent exposure’ after he allegedly requested sex from a 51-year-old woman at a Johannesburg hotel.
‘Micho’ later told the Siya crew that his lawyers would be dealing with the allegations against him.
The coach said, “This is a shame. My lawyers will be dealing with this. I have been the most respectful person, soldier and servant of the game. I don’t deserve this. It is baseless and unfair.”
Now that Sredojevic has officially been appointed as head coach of Zamalek, the Serbian has taken to Twitter to confirm his relief at getting back to work with the Egyptian club after a ‘terrible week threatening to destroy’ him.
“Relieved that (a) terrible week threatening to destroy me as human being & hardworking coach, serving wholeheartedly ORLANDO PIRATES & South African football with sleepless nights & tireless days, is back like fish in the water to football training field to serve ZAMALEK & Egyptian football,” tweeted Sredojevic.
What has been clear though, is that a number of Pirates fans have not been entirely happy with what transpired and the exit of the coach.
After serving as Sredojevic's assistants, Rhulani Mokwena, Fadlu Davids and Franck Pla