At least six players could be affected by the arrival of Thulani Hlatshwayo and Deon Hotto at Orlando Pirates.
Click through the gallery above for 6 Pirates stars who could be affected by the arrival of Hlatshwayo & Hotto
Hlatshwayo and Hotto were announced as the new signings for the Buccaneers on Monday, arriving from now-defunct, Bidvest Wits.
The duo is highly rated and expected to walk into the Coach Josef Zinnbauer’s starting XI. With this likelihood, some players in the squad may be affected by the arrival of the new additions and could possibly face a regular game-time.
Players who could make way for Hlatshwayo:
- Alfred Ndengane – Has been linked with exit after making only five league starts in the 2019/20 season.
- Justice Chabalala – Did well while on loan at Bloemfontein Celtic and hoped to finally get a chance to be a regular at Pirates on his return.
- Ntsikelelo Nyauza – Though he was a regular and amassed 24 league starts in the 2019/20 season, the talk of Happy Jele and Thulani Hlatshwayo possibly playing together in central defence poses a threat to Nyauza’s chances of regular game-time.
Player who could make way for Hotto:
- Kabelo Dlamini – Struggled to break into the starting line-up, though he made a number of appearances as a substitute and showed glimpses of brilliance. 5 starts and 11 substitute appearances in the league.
- Luvuyo Memela – For a player of his quality, Amigo struggled for regular game-time after making only 10 league starts.
- Austin Muwowo – The Zambian winger had a disappointing first season with only 2 substitute appearances in the league.
Checkout how Orlando Pirates could line up with Thulani Hlatshwayo and Deon Hotto in the team: