It has been 12 months since Orlando Pirates announced seven signings – a move which brought joy to the multitudes of the club’s supporters.
Click through the gallery for the seven players who were unveiled by Pirates around this time last year
In preparation of the 2019/20 season, on 24 June 2019 the Buccaneers confirmed signing French goalkeeper Joris Delle, Kabelo Dlamini (Bloemfontein Celtic), Bongani Sam (Bloemfontein Celtic), Fortune Makaringe (Maritzburg United), Siphesihle Ndlovu (Maritzburg United), Tebogo Tlolane (Chippa United) and Tshegofatso Mabasa (Bloemfontein Celtic).
With Pirates left with seven matches in the current campaign – after the league was delayed due to the Coronavirus pandemic – below is the progress of the seven players at the Soweto giants.
- Delle: 3 league appearances
- Dlamini: 12 league appearances – 4 starts and 8 subs
- Sam: 2 League starts
- Makaringe: 19 league appearances – 19 starts and 1 sub
- Ndlovu: 9 league appearances – 5 starts and 4 subs
- Tlolane: 1 sub (and has since been loaned to Maritzburg)
- Mabasa: 16 league appearances – 6 starts and 10 subs
The Buccaneers were to later announce signing Gabadinho Mhango from Bidvest Wits two days later on June 26, before confirming the deal of Zambian winger Austin Muwowo on July 10.