According to a recent report, Mamelodi Sundowns lead the list of six DStv Premiership outfits who feature amongst Africa’s 20 most valuable clubs, according to market values.
Mamelodi Sundowns is South Africa's most valuable club on the continent by market value for the 2021/22 campaign as they sit second behind Egyptian giants Al Ahly.
German-based database company Statista released a report on Africa’s 20 clubs with the highest value.
It came as very little surprise that Al Ahly continues its dominance as Africa’s most successful and most valuable club.
Interestingly, there are six PSL clubs who find themselves in the mix, the most valuable of which is Sundowns, who according to the report is valued at €21.3m (±R369 million).
Orlando Pirates who recently made their way into the CAF Confederations Cup final makes the top five and are valued at €18.15m (±R306 million). Last season’s CAF Champions League finalists Kaizer Chiefs occupy seventh place on the standings and according to the report are worth €14.63m (±246 million).
Meanwhile, AmaZulu, who for the first time in their history made it past the group stages of the CAF Champions League this season are in 13th place with a value of €9.68m (±163 million).
Cape Town City €8.88m (±R149 million) and SuperSport United €9.48m (±159 million) are the other South African clubs that feature on the list.
View the full table of Africa's 20 most valuable clubs according to market values:
- Al Ahly (Egypt) - €30.75m
- Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa) €21.3m (R369 million)
- Zamalek (Egypt) - €20.55m
- Pyramids FC (Egypt) - €19.43m
- Orlando Pirates (South Africa) €18.15m (R306 million)
- Esperance Tunis (Tunisia) - €17.63
- Kaizer Chiefs (South Africa) - €14.63m (R246 million)
- Wydad Casablanca (Morocco) - €13.21m
- Etoile Sportive du Sahel (Tunisia) - €13m
- CR Belouizdad (Algeria) - €12.05m
- Raja Club Athletic Casablanca (Morocco) - €10.35m
- USM Alger (Algeria) - €10.05m
- AmaZulu (South Africa) - €9.68m (R163 million)
- Paradou AC (Algeria) €9.53m
- SuperSport United (South Africa) - €9.48m (R159 million)
- ES Setif (Algeria) - €9.2m
- Cape Town City FC (South Africa) - €8.88m (R149 million)
- Club Sportif Sfaxien (Tunisia) - €8.85m
- MC Algiers (Algeria) - €8.83m
- US Monastir (Tunisia) – €8.8m