Mamelodi Sundowns scored a goal reminiscent to Argentina’s 2006 FIFA World Cup goal, in their emphatic 5-1 CAF Champions League victory over Algerian outfit CR Belouizdad on Sunday.
It took Argentina 24 passes to score an incredible goal against Serbia and Montenegro, and it took Sundowns 22 passes to net their magical goal as they cruised to their second victory in as many matches in group B. Sundowns are top of the standings and next face TP Mazembe.
- Chiefs were given a footballing lesson by Moroccan outfit Wydad Casablanca on Sunday, getting a 4-0 hammering in Burkina Faso. It was another disastrous display at the back from Amakhosi and goalkeeper was criticised on social media for coming off his line for one of the goals the Soweto giants conceded.
- Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila's rise continued with another impressive victory, this time over Swallows FC in the Nedbank Cup last 16, in a penalty shootout after it finished 2-2 in 120 minutes. Thabo Mnyamane and goalkeeper Washington Arubi were the stand out performers.
- Orlando Pirates coach Josef Zinnbauer's seems to have played a role in their come-from-behind victory over Maritzburg United, with goals from Kabelo Dlamini, Deon Hotto and Vincent Pule. It was a goal Dlamini needed to try force his way into the team regularly.
- Black Leopards striker Mohammed Anas was the hero again for Lidoda Duvha, scoring the winner against AmaZulu in the last 16.
- Richards Bay showed that their last 32 victory over Kaizer Chiefs was no fluke, and bounced back with a victory over TS Sporting. Khanyisa Mayo scored a brace, his second being a brilliant curling free kick.
- Cape Town City striker Abdul Ajagun bagged his first goal for the Citizens, but it was not enough to inspire them to a victory, as Chippa United recorded a 2-1 victory. Ajagun's countryman Augustine Kwem scored Chippa's first, before Eva Nga wrapped up the victory in extra-time.
Sundowns, meanwhile, had their Nedbank Cup last 16 match against Polokwane City postponed and will take on the GladAfrica Championship side on March. Should they win, the Brazilians will take on Pirates in the quarterfinals, after the draw was conducted on Sunday evening.
Who was your best performer this weekend? View the gallery and let us know in the comment section below!