The impasse between Gaston Sirino and Mamelodi Sundowns over his transfer has escalated, the Siya crew has been told.
On Friday, the midfielder told this publication it was “my intention” to leave Chloorkop and make the much-talked about switch to Al Ahly and reunite with former coach Pitso Mosimane – this is despite agreeing to a five-year contract in June.
He did admit that it was up to Sundowns to accept the offer from the Egyptian giants, though sources at the club have insisted the formal bid is too low!
Insiders at Chloorkop have indicated to the Siya crew that Sirino has also communicated his wish to the club after arriving at their headquarters with his wife, Melania, for crunch talks regarding his future.
It’s understood the Uruguayan has not yet submitted a hand written transfer request with just a few hours before the Premier Soccer League transfer window slams shut midnight on Monday, while the deadline in Egypt is only on December 6.
“The club is fed up with his antics,” said a reliable insider at Sundowns.
“What is a fact is that the offer put in by Al Ahly (R16-million) is simply not good enough. This whole saga is destabilising the camp because his behaviour is clearly that of someone who no longer wants to be here.”
Sirino has only featured in only one of the club’s six matches so far this season after being ruled out due to injury.
Joint head coach Manqoba Mngqithi had said there was no need to rush him back.
Downs head of legal and senior official, Yogesh Singh, was quoted in a media report following Sirino’s comment that the player could be punished for potentially bringing the club into disrepute as he attempts to take matters into his own hands.
Singh also suggested that Sirino is being “coached by outside forces messing up his mind”.
Story by @superjourno
Check out the confirmed and pending moves at Downs in the gallery below ahead of today's deadline!