George ‘Mido’ Maluleka has opened up about his time at Mamelodi Sundowns so far as he looks to break into the Brazilians’ star-studded midfield.
The 31-year-old midfielder made the move to Sundowns after his contract with Kaizer Chiefs came to an end on June 30 and in his first season, the player has made three substitute appearances so far.
Speaking to Sundowns’ official website, the midfielder revealed what the past few months have been like at the Chloorkop-based club and opened up about how he is yet to be satisfied with his progress.
“It’s been a good couple of months at the club and like I said before the team welcomed me with a lot of warmth. I immediately felt very good and positive about it so I’ve never looked back since. I just need to carry on working hard and helping the team move forward. All in all, it’s been great, especially the way I was welcomed,” Mido said.
“Yeah so far so good with the matches. There’s still a lot of work to be done from my side but it’s very early to tell. I’ve been doing well and working hard at training steadily to find my best self to help the team and make an impact. It’s a matter of confidence, but a lot of progress so far. I’m happy but not yet satisfied like I said it’s still very early."
“Competition is always good especially in an environment like Mamelodi Sundowns. You have to be at your best every time you get a chance so it’s very good for the team as well. It makes us stronger as a collective and also pushes you as an individual. When it comes to the media, to be honest, I have never really paid attention to allegations or rumours that are said as my only focus and objective is to play football so I try by all means to avoid such, so I stay focused on the journey ahead."