Royal AM have submitted an urgent application appealing the decision to award Sekhukhune United the GladAfrica Championship title.
The PSL confirmed on Saturday that Sekhukhune had been promoted to the DStv Premiership after Royal AM's challenge of Hilton Epstein's ruling was dismissed.
As a result, Royal AM will appeal the decision and have listed the reasons why in documents seen by the Siya crew, and have requested a full bench at the High Court.
The below are extracts from the document:
1. There are other compelling reasons why the appeal should be heard, more particularly in that, the are conflicting arbitration awards and certainty is required.
2. Royal AM FC was already placed as log leaders and automatic qualifiers to the Premier Soccer League and therefore enjoyed the legal right of incumbency and legal occupier of that position.
3. Royal won the Championship on the field of play which is in keeping with the universal culture of football and the best interest of football stakeholders including players and supporters.
4. Sekhukhune United FC ought to have been penalized and not unjustly rewarded and enriched with promotion when it had surreptitiously reconfigured its protest from a Rule 35.2 charge to a contrived “ineligibility offence” and the “fielding of an ineligible player”, both of which were inapplicable.
5. There are reasonable prospects of success, in the circumstances, that another court may and/or will come to a different conclusion.
Click through the gallery below to see all the 2020/2021 PSL award winners below: