With Lottoland South Africa, South African residents and non nationals living in South Africa (18+) can now bet online on America’s biggest lottery, the US Powerball! At the time of this article going ‘live’, the current payout stands at an incredible R3.5 BILLION. Yes, it’s hard to comprehend exactly how much money that is and what you could do with winnings of this astronomical amount!
The US Powerball is one of the largest lotteries in the United States and one of the most famous in the world. Powerball is responsible for three of the top five lottery pay-outs of all time, each in excess of half a billion US dollars. It has been running since 1992 and in January 2016 recorded the biggest win in lottery history, when approximately R22 billion ($1.6 billion) was split between three players who bought tickets in California, Florida and Tennessee. Each of them claimed R7.8 billion ($528 million)! The Florida winner said she had bet the same numbers for several years, while the California winner designated most of the winnings to a trust in order to benefit charity.
For a single winning ticket holder, the record win is R11.5 billion ($768.4 million), which was won by Manuel Franco in March 2019.
The US Powerball draw takes place every Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday morning at 06:00am SA time. The good news is that with Lottoland South Africa, South African residents (18+) can now place fixed odds bets online on the outcome of the Powerball. You don’t have to be overseas to place a bet - use the Lottoland SA online platform to place fixed odds bets 24/7 from your smart device or desktop computer. Choose 5 numbers from 1–69 and a ‘PowerBall’ from 1-26. A single bet costs just R55, but you can also select the PowerPlay option for the chance to multiply lower prize wins by up to x10!
Another lottery that is available to bet on Lottoland South Africa is the El Gordo. The famous Christmas Lottery which has an incredible total prize pool of R42.9 billion, making it the biggest lottery in the world!
The much-anticipated draw takes place on the 22nd of December every year. The tradition started as far back as 1812, when the Spanish government set the Christmas Lottery up as a way to raise money for their troops fighting against Napoleon’s armies. Today, more than 90% of the Spanish population celebrate this fantastic chance to receive the Christmas gift of a lifetime. The drawing of the winning numbers is a major highlight of the Spanish festive season, with family and friends coming together in homes, restaurants, taverns and town squares across the country to watch it all unfold ‘live’ on TV over three very exciting hours.
The Spanish Christmas Lottery works more like a raffle than a lottery. There are no lottery balls, instead, there are two huge drums that contain all the purchased tickets – just like a raffle. Each ticket has a number between 00000 and 99999. When the draw takes place, players win a prize if the numbers on their ticket match those on a ticket drawn from the drum.
Other big draws that feature on Lottoland South Africa are the EuroMillions, US MegaMillions the German Lotto and the Keno 24/7 that gives you the opportunity to win up to R10 Million every 4 minutes!
Sportland offers online betting on the outcome of a variety of exciting sports matches locally and internationally. Players have the opportunity to place bets and win on matches that range from soccer, cricket and rugby, to golf, motorsport, boxing, tennis and MMA fighting.
Payouts are guaranteed as Lottoland South Africa is fully licensed and regulated by the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board. It is also the first and only gaming company in the world to have its own insurance company to guarantee payouts. Winnings are paid into your nominated SA bank account.
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS
- Fixed odds betting is when you place a bet on co.za on the outcome of the numbers that you think will be drawn in a specific local or international draw.
- You can therefore indirectly take part in any of these ‘big win’ international draws, without even being in that country.
- If you guess correctly, Lottoland will match the main prizes and pay the same amount to you as the official winning lottery draw pay out.
- Lottoland payouts are guaranteed as the company is registered and regulated by the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board.
- Winnings are paid out into your nominated bank account in South Africa.
HOW TO PLACE A BET ON YOUR FAVOURITE LOTTO ON LOTTOLAND SOUTH AFRICA
- Visit co.za
- Register with / Email / Name / SA ID Number / Mobile / Address
- Once you have successfully registered, choose a product to bet on
- There are 6 options to pay for your bet: Visa / Master Card / Snap Scan / Zapper / 1Voucher / SID EFT
- You can also do a direct deposit, but this will take 24 hours to reflect in our account and will thus only show in your Lottoland account 24 hours after you made the direct deposit.
- How do I claim my winnings? When logged in click on My Account and then on Payout. Click on Add account details ZA
- Your funds will then be transferred into your account. (Usually within 24 – 72 hours)