World football governing body FIFA has finally responded to SAFA regarding the complaint lodged over the handling of the match between Bafana Bafana and Ghana last month.
South Africa has been waiting to hear back from FIFA since November 23, when the federation had said it would give feedback on the appeal to have the match replayed after SAFA questioned the manner in which referee Maguette N'Diaye had officiated.
“They responded only with a one liner saying our appeal was inadmissible. We are still going to discuss a way forward and formulate a response. For now that is all FIFA have said in their response today,” confirmed SAFA CEO Tebogo Motlanthe.
"We will need a further explanation before we can respond in detail."
Bafana suffered a narrow 1-0 defeat to Ghana courtesy of a dubious penalty awarded by N’Diaye in the first half, and SAFA had tasked Ace Ncobo with putting together a compulsive report of the errors by the Senegalese referee.
Ghana are through to the play-offs of the World Cup qualifiers in March after finishing top of the group, but SAFA had hoped the decision would be reversed.
That now seems unlikely with the complaint dismissed!
Check out gallery of Bafana players abroad!