Bafana At Full Strength On First CHAN Training Day
Stand-in Bafana Bafana coach Thabo Senong was delighted that he had almost a full compliment of players available on the first day of training.
South Africa started training on Monday at Marks Park to prepare for a practice game against Mamelodi Sundowns at Chloorkop on Tuesday, 13 October.
The national team take on Angola in the first leg of the first round fourth edition of CHAN, 2016 Rwanda on Saturday, 17 October.
“This is a great turnout for the national team and makes us very happy. With such numbers we are able to work out our combinations very early on and have the team ready for match day. The first day went very well and I was impressed by the attitude of the players who showed eagerness to do well for the country, and that is what we need in the national team,” said Senong.
Updated Bafana Bafana squad
1. Dumisani MSIBI Supersport United FC
2. Wayne SANDILANDS Mamelodi Sundowns FC
3. Nkosingiphile GUMEDE Golden Arrows FC
4. Wandisile LETLABIKA Bloemfontein Celtic FC
5. Siyanda ZWANE Mamelodi Sundowns FC
6. Levy MOKGOTHU Kaizer Chiefs FC
7. Thabo SEPTEMBER Supersport United FC
8. Madisha MOTJEKA Mamelodi Sundowns FC
9. Tebogo MOERANE Bidvest Wits FC
10. Mario BOOYSEN Mamelodi Sundowns FC
11. Rofhiwa TSHIKOVHI Platinum Stars FC
12. Mlungisi MBUNJANA Cape Town All Stars FC
13. Thato SITHOLE Jomo Cosmos FC
14. Thamsanqa SANGWENI Chippa United FC
15. Morne NEL Supersport United FC
16. Thabo QALINGE Orlando Pirates FC
17. Vincent PULE Bidvest Wits FC
18. Percy TAU Mamelodi Sundowns FC
19. Amigo Luvuyo MEMELA Orlando Pirates FC
20. Michael MORTON Supersport United FC
21. Lyle LAKAY Bloemfontein Celtic FC
22. Pule EKSTEIN Kaizer Chiefs FC
23. Dumisani ZUMA Bloemfontein Celtic FC
24. Gift MOTUPA Orlando Pirates FC
25. Bongani NDULULA Kaizer Chiefs FC
26. Bradley GROBLER Supersport United FC
27. Roggert NYUNDU Black Leopards FC