One of the three funeral workers who took controversial photographs with Diego Maradona's dead body last week has revealed that he has received death threats.
The Argentina legend passed away last Wednesday, and was laid to rest on Thursday in a private ceremony after members of the public got to say their goodbyes.
However, there was a commotion in the South American nation after three funeral workers leaked images of themselves next to Maradona's corpse in the coffin.
Initially, Diego Molina's name was mentioned and he was immediately fired for his actions, but it was later confirmed that three workers had lost their jobs following the leaking of the controversial images.
Scroll through the gallery to see the emotional scenes in Buenos Aires as thousands queued to say farewell to Maradona:
Claudio Fernandez was one of the other two men in question, and he has told a local radio station that he has received death threats since the incident.
"I'm receiving threats because they know me, I'm local," he told Radio 10, as cited by Marca.
"People are annoyed. They're going to kill us, that they're going to rob our van."
Molina, meanwhile, presented himself at a local police station, accompanied by his lawyers.
The investigation into the photographs and their publication will continue after police carried out searches of a house, a garage and the building where Maradona's body was prepared for burial, confiscating three cell phones, a laptop, a USB stick and various items of clothing.
Reports that Boca Juniors ultras had hunted down and killed the three men turned out to be false.
Take our The Best FIFA awards quiz and stand a chance to win a R100 TAB betting voucher!