We take a look at the best penalty-kick takers in Europe at the moment, with FC Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi, who missed against Manchester City, not even making the 10-man list.
It may come as a surprise to see Mario Balotelli hold the number one spot, while even more surprisingly, Lionel Messi’s ability from the penalty-spot doesn’t get him in to the top 10 following his miss against Manchester City - with Steven Gerrard and Giuseppe Rossi having better records than him.
Cristiano Ronaldo features in the list, as well as AS Roma’s legendary skipper, Francesco Totti.
Here is the list of Europe’s top 10 penalty takers, according to AS:
1) Mario Balotelli (Liverpool FC) 93% 28 from 30
2) Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris Saint-Germain) 87%. 54 from 62
3) Arturo Vidal (Juventus) 87%. 27 from 31
4) Giuseppe Rossi (Fiorentina) 87%. 34 from 39
5) Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 87%. 78 from 90
6) Roberto Soldado (Tottenham Hotspur) 87%. 26 from 30
7) Frank Lampard (Manchester City) 83%. 64 from 77
8) Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) 82%. 49 from 60
9) Oscar Cardozo (Trabzonspor) 82%. 41 from 50
10) Francesco Totti (AS Roma) 81%. 78 from 96
Check our mini-gallery attached to the article to view the current top 10 penalty takers in Europe.
Who are you surprised to see in the top 10 in Europe? Let us know in the comments section below?