After discussing the top 10 international goalscorers of all time, we had a look at the best active marksmen in the game and one African star ranks among the 10 best.
Click through the gallery to view the current top active international goalscorers.
None of the current top 10 goalscorers qualifies for the all-time list, which is made up of retired players.
Former Bayern Munich player Ali Daei is the leading all-time record scorer at international level with 109 strikes, while former Liverpool and Tottenham attacker Robbie Keane is the current top goalscorer among active internationals.
The Ireland striker sits on 65 goals and is followed by the more unknown Carlos Ruiz of Guatemala.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic sits in third spot, just ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo, while Ghana's Asamoah Gyan is the only African on the list and appears in eighth place, just behind Lionel Messi.
Here are the top 10 active international goalscorers:
1) Robbie Keane (Ireland) – 65 goals in 140 games
2) Carlos Ruiz (Guatemala) – 58 goals in 121 games
3) Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden) – 57 goals in 107 games
4) Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) – 55 goals in 126 games
5) Wayne Rooney (England) – 50 goals in 107 games
6) Robin van Persie (Netherlands) – 49 goals in 98 games
7) Lionel Messi (Argentina) – 49 goals in 104 games
8) Asamoah Gyan (Ghana) – 48 goals in 93 games
9) Sunil Chetri (India) – 47 goals in 81 games
10) Neymar (Brazil) – 46 goals in 67 games
Do you think any of the players above can break Ali Daei's all-time record? Have your say in the comments section below.