France boss Didier Deschamps recently announced his 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, for which he snubbed many household names. Here is a formidable starting line-up made up of Les Bleus players who were left out of the squad.
Tired of reading? Click through the gallery above to see a strong France XI of players who were not picked for Deschamps' final 2018 World Cup side.
As a player, Deschamps represented France on 104 occasions, and also enjoyed a great club career during which he wore the colours of Nantes, Marseille, Bordeaux, Juventus, Chelsea and Valencia.
The 49-year-old, who has been in charge of Les Bleus since 2012, was recently faced with the difficult task of selecting a 23-man squad to take with him to the 2018 World Cup, which was announced last week Thursday.
Having a talented and big selection to choose from, there were no surprises when Deschamps left out more than handful of high-profile players, some of whom play for the biggest clubs in European football.
Speaking after his squad announcement, the manager said it was tough to choose his side, and added that he takes full responsibility for the players called up.
"It is always hard to pick a squad like this because of the quality of the players we have and the competition in each position. I could only pick 23 players," Deschamps said last week, according to ESPN.
"I can't please everyone. I make choices and I take full responsibility for them."
Despite picking a strong squad, made up of superstar players such as Paul Pogba, Kylian Mbappe, Antoine Griezmann and Ousmane Dembele, there were still some Les Bleus stars who might feel bitterly disappointed to have been left out.
Bordeaux goalkeeper Benoit Costil could be one of those players who perhaps feels he deserved a place in Deschamps's team following a fantastic season in Ligue 1.
In the fullback positions, Mathieu Debuchy and Layvin Kurzawa were overlooked by the manager, as were centre-backs Kurt Zouma and Aymeric Laporte, who many believed was going to replace the injured Laurent Koscielny.
On the left and right wing, attackers Anthony Martial and Kingsley Coman were denied a place, with many feeling that both players would have starring roles in many other national teams.
Central midfielders Moussa Sissoko and Adrien Rabiot were left out, with the latter's exclusion shocking many supporters who expected him to be one of the first names on the team sheet.
Strikers Karim Benzema and Alexander Lacazette were not deemed worthy of a place in Deschamps' selection, although the former's situation with the France national team has been complicated since 2015.
Do you think many of these stars would have been going to the World Cup had they been of a different nationality? Let us know in the comments section below.