Salah Breaks Silence On Ramos Challenge
Mohamed Salah Breaks Silence On Sergio Ramos Challenge
Liverpool and Egypt superstar Mohamed Salah has finally broken his silence on Sergio Ramos’ challenge in the UEFA Champions League final, and also discussed the “funny” messages he received from the Real Madrid captain.
Salah and Ramos clashed in the first half of the final in Kyiv last month and the tackle by the Spaniard saw the African dislocate his shoulder.
The 25-year-old Salah described the moment he had to leave the pitch as the worst in his career and explained his emotions after realising something was wrong with his shoulder.
"When I fell to the ground, I had a mixture of physical pain and a lot of worry,” he told Marca.
"Also anger and sadness for not being able to continue playing the Champions League final. Moments later, I also thought about the possibility of not playing in the World Cup and that was a devastating thought."
Ramos claimed after the game that it was the Reds man who grabbed him first during the challenge, something Salah has described as "funny", before talking about the messages the two players exchanged after the final.
"He sent me a message, but I never told him it was 'OK'," the Egyptian added.
"My comment is that it's always OK when the one who made you cry first, then makes you laugh. Maybe he could also tell me if I'm going to be ready for the World Cup?"
Salah is now facing a fitness battle ahead of Egypt’s 2018 FIFA World Cup opener against Uruguay on Friday, and revealed he has a chance to feature in the game.
"I hope to play the first game against Uruguay, but that will depend on how I feel when it approaches," he explained.
Do you think Ramos is to blame for Salah’s injury? Have your say in the comments section below.