Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez immediately found the back of the net in FC Barcelona's La Liga opener, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic is also among the top 10 goalscorers in Europe so far.
Tired of reading? Click through the gallery to see Europe's top marksmen.
However, none of the abovementioned players has scored as many goals as Olympique Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette, who netted five times in his first two league games of the season.
Suarez, who scored his fourth hat-trick in six La Liga games, follows in second place with three goals. He is joined by AC Milan's Carlos Bacca after his hat-trick against Torino on Sunday.
Having scored three goals in their first two matches, Sergio Aguero and Ibrahimovic complete the top five, while a host of other players, including Lionel Messi, netted twice in their teams' opening games of the campaign.
Here are the top 10 goalscorers in Europe's top five leagues:
1) Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon) – 5 goals, 2 games
2) Luis Suarez (Barca) – 3 goals, 1 game
3) Carlos Bacca (Milan) – 3 goals, 1 game
4) Sergio Aguero (Man City) – 3 goals, 2 games
5) Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Man Utd) – 3 goals, 2 games
6) Gareth Bale (Real) – 2 goals, 1 game
7) Lionel Messi (Barca) – 2 goals, 1 game
8) Diego Costa (Chelsea) – 2 goals, 2 games
9) Nolito (Man City) – 2 goals, 2 games
10) Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool) – 2 goals, 2 games
Note: Some leagues, such as Ligue 1 and the Premier League, have already played two game rounds, while La Liga and Serie A only began their campaigns last weekend, and the Bundesliga will only start on Friday.
Who do you think will be Europe's top goalscorer at the end of the season? Have your say in the comments section below.