Cristiano Ronaldo was overtaken at the top of the goalscorers in Europe ranking, while Lionel Messi failed to score for the first time in five weeks.
Tired of reading? Click through the gallery to view Europe's deadliest strikers
Ronaldo netted once during his side’s 4-0 thumping of Sevilla but missed the chance to hit a brace after failing to convert a penalty.
His former teammate Gonzalo Higuain is again the sole leader in the rankings after netting a brace for Napoli.
Third-placed Zlatan Ibrahimovic and fourth-placed Luis Suarez failed to find the back of the net, while Robert Lewandowski, Neymar, Harry Kane and Karim Benzema could improve their tallies.
Here are the top 10 goalscorers in Europe's top five leagues:
1) Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli) – 29 goals [+2 goals]
2) Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) – 28 goals [+1 goal]
3) Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris Saint-Germain) – 27 goals
4) Luis Suarez (Barcelona) – 26 goals
5) Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) – 25 goals [+1 goal]
6) Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – 22 goals
7) Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund) – 22 goals
8) Neymar (Barcelona) – 21 goals [+1 goal]
9) Harry Kane (Tottenham) – 21 goals [+2 goals]
10) Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) – 20 goals [+1 goal]
Do you think Higuain can beat Ronaldo to the Golden Shoe this season? Have your say in the comments section below.