New Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has broken his silence after Cristiano Ronaldo and other players left Old Trafford before their match ended on Sunday.
The 37-year-old played just 45 minutes of United's 1-1 pre-season friendly draw with Rayo Vallecano this past weekend and caused a stir when he was pictured leaving the stadium around the 75th-minute mark.
While it had been reported that Ten Hag had given permission to the five-time Ballon d'Or winner and more of his teammates that they could do so, the Dutchman has since declared their actions "unacceptable".
When asked about Ronaldo's behaviour, the former Ajax Amsterdam manager said he "told them that it's unacceptable. That we are a team, a squad. And that you should stay until the end", according to Viaplay Sport.
Benni McCarthy was at Old Trafford this past weekend following his appointment at United. Below are some pictures:
Rumours suggest that the Portugal captain could seek to depart the Red Devils before the end of the week amid his continued push to secure himself UEFA Champions League football, although he does currently appear short of suitors.
Clubs such as Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich have reportedly made it clear they will not move for the ex-Real Madrid forward in this window.