Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has responded to the Italian Minister of Sport's claims that he broke protocol to join up with Portugal after contracting Covid-19.
The Portugese forward tested positive for the coronavirus earlier this week and was forced to missed his nation's win over Sweden on Wednesday evening.
However, Ronaldo took to instagram to deny claims that he broke protocol to return to Turin and revealed travelled in an air ambulance.
“My family is on another floor of the house, we can’t be in contact,” Ronaldo said on Instagram.
“I’m always at home, now I’m sunbathing, also to let the days pass. I’m respecting the protocol, I did not break it, as has been said: It’s a lie.
“I returned from Portugal because my team and I made sure to comply with all the procedures. I returned to Italy by air ambulance and I have had no contact with anyone, even in Turin.
Click through the gallery below to see the 10 highest-paid players in Serie A:
“I’m on one floor and my children are on another. For the next ten days it’s going to be like that.
“It’s difficult not to be in contact with them, but we have to respect the rules."