FC Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman has finally revealed what he told Luis Suarez that led to the Uruguayan's move to Atletico Madrid.
When Koeman took over last month, there were reports that Suarez was among the players he told was not needed for the 2020/2021 season.
Suarez eventually completed a move to LaLiga rivals Atletico Madrid this week, prompting another outburst from Messi and a few former players about the club's handling of the matter,
However, Koeman insists there were decisions made before he had arrived but could only offer Suarez a bit-part role,
“It seems that I have been the villain of this film,” the Dutchman told a press conference on Saturday.
“But before I arrived here, some decisions had already been made and I supported those decisions – it wasn't up to me.
“I only showed respect to Luis Suarez as a person and a player. I told him that if he stayed it would be difficult for him to play but that he would be part of the squad.”
Click through the gallery below to see Luis Suarez's unveiling at Atletico Madrid