Register Login Scores

LaLiga

Ex-Barca Boss Releases Statement, Makes Shock Claim

Former FC Barcelona boss Quique Setien has released a shock statement regarding the Blaugrana following his sacking, and revealed he will be taking legal action against the club.

Bartomeu Facing Vote Of No Confidence After Messi Spat

Surprise reports on Thursday suggested that the LaLiga giants may have to start their 2020/21 campaign without Ronald Koeman on the sidelines due to Setien and his coaching staff not officially being sacked, despite the club previously stating otherwise.

Seemingly in a bid to clarify the situation, Setien released a statement via his official Twitter account on Thursday evening to confirm the reports, revealing he was only formally relieved of his duties on Wednesday this week.

"Quique Setien, Eder Sarabia, Jon Pascua and Fran Soto communicate that, due to the latest information published, we want to make the following clarification," he said in a statement, according to Goal.

"After a month of absolute silence from the FC Barcelona board of directors, and after various requests from us, it was not until yesterday that we finally received the first official communications, via burofax.

Click through the gallery below to see more managers who have been sacked in 2020!

"These communications reveal the clear intention of the directive not to comply with their employment contracts dated 01/14/2020.

"In my case, Quique Setien, it is public and well known that on August 17, both the Club and the President announced my dismissal with immediate effect.

"However, it was not until yesterday, September 16 (a month later), that they sent me, for the first time, the written communication of said dismissal (without any settlement).

"Regarding the rest of the coaching staff, they informed us, also yesterday, to our surprise, of a 'future relocation' within the Club.

"For all of the above reasons, we have been forced to put the conflict resolution in the hands of our lawyers, having to file the corresponding legal actions. And this, in order to preserve our rights and what was already agreed with FC Barcelona."

Barca Could Start Season Without Official Manager

Koeman was appointed as Barcelona manager on 19 August, with Setien being replaced after just 25 matches in charge.

Russian Billionaire Responds To Man Utd Takeover Talk

Report: Bale Agrees EPL Return, Wages Revealed?

First FIFA Rankings After Corona Break Announced

5 comments

Top 5

Chiefs 10 Youngest Goalscorers Revealed!

21 Aug 11, 2022 10:59 AM in Kaizer Chiefs

Barca Transfer News: 10 Confirmed Exits

1 Aug 15, 2022 11:29 AM in LaLiga

Why Pirates Captain Was Substituted...

21 Aug 11, 2022 10:15 AM in Orlando Pirates

Report: Mbappe Requests PSG Sell Neymar

6 Aug 15, 2022 07:27 AM in Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar/Mbappe Watch

Rulani: Vila Contributed To Downs’ Downfall

89 Aug 11, 2022 07:35 AM in Mamelodi Sundowns

Official: 2022 Ballon d'Or Nominees Announced

8 Aug 12, 2022 08:38 PM in Ballon d’Or

OFFICIAL: Yaya Toure Lands Coaching Job With EPL Club

4 Aug 13, 2022 08:26 AM in English Premier League

Barca Transfer News: 10 Confirmed Exits

1 Aug 15, 2022 11:29 AM in LaLiga

Most Successful Al Ahly Managers Since 2000

4 Aug 16, 2022 01:24 PM in African Football

Why Chiefs Target Fits Amakhosi's Immediate Criteria…

31 Aug 10, 2022 08:56 AM in Kaizer Chiefs

Official: Motsepe Launches CAF African Super League

14 Aug 10, 2022 02:30 PM in African Football

Downs & CT City CAF CL Opponents Revealed

39 Aug 09, 2022 05:24 PM in CAF Champions League

Ten Hag Explains Benni Appointment

10 Aug 01, 2022 10:20 AM in English Premier League

Reunion On The Cards For Top Keeper?

1 Aug 10, 2022 05:09 PM in Siyagobhoza