Roberto Martinez has signed a four-year deal to take over as Manager at Everton.
The former Wigan boss comes in to replace David Moyes who left Goodison Park for Manchester United.
The 39-year-old Martinez led Wigan to a memorable FA Cup final triumph last month and despite failing to save them from relegation, he emerged as the outright first choice of Everton chairman Bill Kenwright.
Kenwright made an official approach on May 24 and four days later Martinez told Wigan chairman Dave Whelan he wanted to leave.
The two clubs agreed a compensation package believed to be £1.5m earlier this week.
Martinez himself has spoken of the delight he has at joining the Merseyside club.
"This is a really special day to come to Everton Football Club. The feeling already is one of excitement and honour," said Martinez.
"I want to thank the Chairman and the Board for giving me this opportunity. This is a phenomenal and passionate football club, and I can't wait to start.
"It's been a phenomenal time at Wigan, and I enjoyed every second of it, but after four years it was the right time.
"After I met the Chairman, I knew that Everton was the right football club so it has been a natural transition. It's the right time now to be involved in such an exciting challenge."
"David Moyes has set real standards over 11 years, and what he has produced is a platform for the next man to continue.
"I feel fortunate that I am able to carry on that work he's done He has given Everton an identity and set incredible standards. I want to be humble enough and hard-working enough to take that magnificent job onto the next level."