Real Madridgoalkeeper Diego Lopez says the club will be fine without Cristiano Ronaldo.
There has been no official explanation of the severity of his injury, but it is believed that Los Blancos will rest CR7 until they travel to Osasuna for a league fixture in the middle of December.
It remains to be seen how Madrid fair without their best player.
The fact that four other players got onto the scoresheet against Almeria bodes well for Carlo Ancelotti’s team, who will now feel confident of succeeding while their talisman recuperates.
CR7 has scored an astonishing 32 goals in 22 appearances in the 2013-14 season so far, and he is by far Real Madrid’s best player and biggest goal threat.
But speaking on behalf of Los Blancos, Lopez insisted that there is far more to their line-up than just Cristiano Ronaldo.
Obviously, Lopez accepts that CR7 is Real’s main man, but he says the superstar’s support cast is more than capable of getting the job done too.
“You cannot deny that [Ronaldo] is the most decisive player,” Lopez said, according to Soccernet.
“He is a key piece, but on Saturday against Almeria he came off the pitch [at 1-0], and we went on to hammer them [5-0].
“There are many other capable players in this team, although we will miss him.”