Last night Real Madrid reject Kaka admitted that he longs for a return to AC Milan, where he became World Player of the Year during his stellar stay at the San Siro.
Things have gone pear shaped for Kaka since his €68.5 million to Real in 2009, and he is now surplus to requirements at the Bernabeu.
After initially insisting he was good enough to make a success of his career at Real, Kaka has now gone public with his desire to return to Milan, where he remains highly regarded.
"It is not a good situation neither for me nor Real," Kaka admitted. "If they come to an agreement with Milan it is good for me and good for them.
"I'm ready to do everything to come back to Milan. I have had some beautiful moments in Milan, I have friends there."
Later he added on Twitter: "For me it is a delicate situation. If Madrid and Milan reach an agreement, I am willing to make a sacrifice to return."
Earlier this week, Milan’s vice-president, Adriano Galliani, said it was “99.9%” certain that Kaka would not be coming back, due to his high wages.
But now it seems that the Rossoneri have changed their tune, and will consider ways to bring Kaka back to the club where he excelled for six glorious seasons.
“I have no news to give you today. It’s true, I was very, very pleased with Kaka’s words. There is contact with Real Madrid, but at the moment I haven’t got any news for you,” Galliani told Sky Sports Italia on Thursday night.
Pressed on whether or not a deal for the Brazilian is likely, Galliani added: “It will be difficult, very difficult. How hard will I try? We’ll see.”