The English football community is expecting a furious reaction from Alex Ferguson, after he was charged with misconduct by the FA.
The Manchester United manager is facing punishment for the comments he made about the linesman after his team’s 1-1 draw at Tottenham Hotspur earlier this month.
Fergie was angry that linesman Simon Beck had not awarded what the Scot regarded to be a cast-iron penalty, after Wayne Rooney hit the deck in the box late in the game.
Fergie fumed at the time: "It was a clear decision. And he [Beck] was 10, maybe 12 yards away from the incident and he doesn't give it. And yet he gave everything else.
"There was no way we were going to get a decision from [Beck].
"The stand-side linesman didn't give us a thing all day. We never got anything on that side of the pitch."
Fergie also suggested United had “history” with Beck, citing an infamous game United played against Chelsea in 2010, in which Beck was a linesman.
Announcing their decision to charge him, the FA said: "It is alleged the Manchester United manager breached FA Rule E3 in that he implied that the match official was motivated by bias. Ferguson has until 4pm on Friday 1 February 2013 to respond to the charge."
Fergie has already sent the FA a letter, detailing how he believes he is being personally targeted by them in this matter.
"Whether I think it is unfair or not doesn't matter to them really at this point,” the United manager complained.
“I just think it is more about me than what I have said."
And now that the FA has actually decided to charge Fergie, English football is holding its breath, as it waits to see how the bellicose Glaswegian takes the governing body on.