Germany legend Franz Beckenbauer has been banned by Fifa from all football activities for 90 days for not co-operating with the investigation into the 2022 Qatar World Cup bid.
Beckenbauer, who won the World Cup as both a player and coach, is an advisor to FIFA's football committee.
FIFA have said the 90-day provisional ban was requested by Ethics prosecutor, Michael Garcia.
Beckenbauer, a voting member of FIFA's executive committee in December 2010 when it chose Qatar as host, refused to speak to Garcia.
He said last week that Beckenbauer had rejected Garcia’s attempts to interview him.
Garcia said all football officials are required by FIFA's code of ethics to cooperate with his investigation team.
"And it makes real penalties available to all those who fail," he said during a speech at FIFA’s congress on Wednesday.