Ghana star, Asamoah Gyan is set to become one of the world’s highest-paid players - here is the current top 10 and where he would break into it.
Click through the mini-gallery attached to the article to view the current top 10 earning football stars.
Gyan is reportedly close to moving from UAE club Al Ain to Chinese side Shanghai SIPG.
According to reports, the 29-year-old will reportedly earn a whopping £227 000 per week at the side, managed by former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson.
With this figure, he would end up in eighth place among the planet’s current best earners, according to Daily Mail.
Here the top 10 earners, as listed by Daily Mail (wages are reported salaries before tax):
1) Cristiano Ronaldo - £650 000 (R12.5 million)
2) Lionel Messi - £645 000 (R12.4 million)
3) Zlatan Ibrahimovic - £410 000 (R7.9 million)
4) Gareth Bale - £320 000 (R6.2 million)
5) James Rodriguez - £305 000 (R5.9 million)
6) Wayne Rooney - £250 000 (R4.8 million)
7) Robin van Persie - £250 000 (R4.8 million)
8) Sergio Aguero - £220 000 (R4.2 million)
9) Yaya Toure - £210 000 (R4 million)
10) Luis Suarez - £205 000 (R3.9 million)
Disclaimer: The reported salaries are before tax and due to different taxation laws (Messi and Ronaldo must give away 52 percent of their salary) the list could look completely different for salaries after tax.
Do you think Asamoah Gyan deserves to be one of the highest-paid players on the planet? Have your say in the comments section below.