Register Login Scores

International

Argentina Star Confirms Man Utd Move

Argentine World Cup star, Marcos Rojo, has told media that he will join Manchester United.

The 24-year-old left-back convinced for his country during the World Cup in Brazil and seems heading to Old Trafford from Sporting.

Neither club has confirmed the transfer, but it is understood that Sporting and United are close to agreeing a £16 million deal, with United’s Luis Nani heading the opposite direction on a season-long loan.

"It's a dream to play at Manchester United and I am very proud of having the chance of working with [Louis] van Gaal," Rojo said prematurely in an interview with Argentinian radio station Continental.

Rojo has just returned to practice with Sporting after previously refusing to train in an attempt to force through a transfer.

However, he apologized for his behaviour and thanked Sporting for their support.

"There was a misunderstanding, I never wanted to do something wrong at Sporting as I have always been very thankful to that team that gave me many chances for playing in Europe," he added.

"If I made a mistake, I have already apologised because I didn't want to hurt the feelings of anyone at the club."

Rojo made 28 appearances for Argentina as well as 61 for Sporting, who own just 25 percent of the player, while the other 75 percent belong to third party owners.

Do you think Marcos Rojo would be a good signing for Manchester United? Have your say in the comment section below.

Reports: Man Utd To Land Di Maria, Rojo & Blind?

Man Utd Prepare £100m Di Maria Deal

Ancelotti Uncertain Over Di Maria Future

73 comments

Top 5

Managers Who’ve Already Been Sacked This Season

1 Nov 08, 2021 12:26 PM in English Premier League

Khanye Lambasts Pirates For Impressive Mhango

34 Jan 18, 2022 10:51 AM in Orlando Pirates

7 Players Xavi Could Get Rid Of At Barca

5 Nov 09, 2021 01:26 PM in LaLiga

Usuthu Tie Down Two Stars?

9 Jan 18, 2022 04:25 PM in Siyagobhoza

Fashion Love - The Katsande’s Most Stylish Looks Together

Jan 17, 2022 04:34 PM in Drip, Style & Swag

Transfer Update: Messi

Jan 18, 2022 09:30 AM in Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar/Mbappe Watch

“Haai Guys!” Watch Guardiola Speaking Mzansi Slang

3 Jan 17, 2022 02:24 PM in The Best Of The Rest

Siuu! Ronaldo Shows Off R422 Million Personalized Private Jet

1 Jan 19, 2022 10:38 AM in Show Me The Money

Nomandela: I Wanted To Play For Chiefs

48 Jan 19, 2022 11:05 AM in Kaizer Chiefs

Frustrated Bucs Supporters Join Planned March

20 Jan 18, 2022 04:17 PM in Orlando Pirates

'World Richest Footballer' Finds New Club

9 Dec 27, 2021 02:35 PM in World News

Nomandela: I Wanted To Play For Chiefs

48 Jan 19, 2022 11:05 AM in Kaizer Chiefs

All The Stadiums That Will Host Afcon Matches

2 Dec 10, 2021 07:29 PM in African Football