Zidane Unsure Whether 'BBC' Will Be Around Next Season
Zinedine Zidane Unsure Whether 'BBC' Will Be Around Next Season
Real Madrid Boss Zinedine Zidane has admitted that he cannot guarantee that Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo will all be at the club come the end of the transfer window.
Ronaldo was the first of the three to have been linked with a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu, with it being rumoured that a return to Manchester United could be on the cards, while Bale and Benzema could make way should the club spend big on Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe.
Speaking after his side's 4-1 defeat to Manchester City in the International Champions Cup earlier this week, the Frenchman cast some doubt over the three players' Los Blancos futures, saying that he hopes they will be around come the end of August.
"I hope the BBC (Benzema, Bale and Cristiano) stay for this season," Zidane said, as quoted by the Daily Express.
"I hope everyone remains. I want everyone who is here now to stay, but anything can happen right up until August 31."
Zidane was also vague on rumours that Real had agreed a deal with Monaco for their 18-year-old striker.
"I'm the coach here and you'd have to ask someone else about that," he said.
"We're working on things and we'll see what happens. We've got the players who are here now and we'll just have to see what happens."
Real's first competitive game for the new season will be against the Red Devils in the UEFA Super Cup on 8 August.
Do you think the Spanish side can afford to lose any member of the BBC? Have your say in the comments section below.