Transfer Target Denies Barca Agreement
Transfer Target Denies FC Barcelona Agreement
One of FC Barcelona’s transfer targets has insisted he has not played his last game for his club, despite reports claiming he is close to sealing a move to the Camp Nou.
Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri has been linked with a €40 million (R624 million) transfer to the Blaugrana in the past couple of weeks, but the deal is not as close as some suggest.
Click through the mini-gallery above to see some pictures of Seri in action against Napoli on Tuesday night!
Talking after his side's UEFA Champions League play-off defeat to Napoli, the 26-year-old made it clear that there is no agreement with the Catalan giants.
"No, it wasn't my last match with Nice. I'll be at Amiens on Saturday," he said when asked if he had played his final game for Nice ahead of a potential Barca move, as quoted by FourFourTwo.
"I don't know too much (about the rumours). I've told everyone to let me focus on my goal, which today was to focus on the Champions League and then, afterwards, to see if I'll leave or stay.
"If it happens with Barcelona, that's good. Otherwise, I am happy in Nice."
Seri has made six appearances in all competitions for the Ligue 1 side this season, and has assisted three goals so far.
Do you think Barcelona will still get their man come the end of the transfer window? Have your say in the comments section below.