Pep Provides Update On Sane Situation Amid Bayern Links
With Bayern Munich having previously expressed their interest in Manchester City's Leroy Sane, manager Pep Guardiola has now provided an update on the player's situation.
Bayern manager Niko Kovac previously stated that he was confident about landing the Germany international but later apologised for the comments.
On Thursday evening, the Bundesliga giants played down reports that Sane had agreed to join the club on social media.
Manchester Evening News reported that the Citizens had placed a €150 million price tag on the 23-year-old, who was not always first choice under Guardiola.
Guardiola has now revealed that contract talks between City and Sane's party were quite close a couple weeks ago but not anymore.
"What [director of football] Txiki [Begiristain] sent me two or three weeks ago, [told him] it [a contract agreement] was quite close. Now it's not. Now it's a bit different. That's where it is," Guardiola was quoted as saying by the Mirror.
"I'm not aware of the rumours. I want players who want to stay. The player didn't tell me anything, that's the reality.
"If he knocks on the door and says he wants to leave then we will speak with the club. We want him to stay here because we try to extend the contract for more than a year."
Do you think Sane will leave City for Bayern? Have your say in the comment section below.