New Man City Star Reveals What Ronaldo Told Him
New Manchester City Star Reveals What Cristiano Ronaldo Told Him
New Manchester City star Bernardo Silva has revealed what his Portugal teammate Cristiano Ronaldo told him before his move to the blue side of Manchester.
The 23-year-old, who joined Pep Guardiola's side from Monaco for a fee €50 million (R771 million) in the recent window, has revealed he spoke to national team colleagues Ronaldo and Nani before completing his move to the Citizens.
"At the Confederations Cup, I asked Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani about Manchester and they told me how much they enjoyed it here," he told FourFourTwo.
"They said that all of the people were great and that it's a real football city.
"The Premier League, too – a competitive league with full stadiums each week and everyone watching. They both said it would be a great move."
Both Ronaldo and Nani played for crosstown rivals Manchester United, but Silva opted join City.
He has only played 94 minutes of the club's first three Premier League games of the campaign so far, and will hope for another chance to impress when City face Liverpool on Saturday.
Do you think Silva will be one of the standout performers in the Premier League this season? Have your say in the comments section below.