In the space of a week, two former FC Barcelona players have tested positive for the coronavirus, with one needing to be rushed to a hospital in order to receive emergency medical attention.
Click through the mini-gallery above to see the two former Barca players who have contracted the virus.
On Thursday, former Barca defender Juan Carlos Rodriguez confirmed he had tested positive for the coronavirus, and that he had been suffering from symptoms of the disease for the past two weeks.
"Many people will have passed without knowing it," Rodriguez said, as reported by Sport.
"I feel fine, I have been a few days with fever and muscle pain, but right now the only thing I do notice is that it doesn't taste like food at all and I can't taste a glass of wine!"
Rodriguez's admission comes just days after former Blaugrana goalkeeper Rustu Recber was rushed to hospital in his native Turkey after suffering from severe initial symptoms that are associated with the virus.
The former Turkey international is still in hospital where he is currently recovering, and his wife recently provided an update on his condition.
"The last 72 hours have been very difficult and I hope that, from now on, they will be better. I want to give infinite thanks to all those who are with us, by our side, right now," she said, as reported by Marca.
"... Rustu had a fever for days and hours. Strange symptoms that he has not experienced, felt or seen before. He suffered from strong weakness, fatigue, loss of appetite.
"His skin turned grey, like his lips. He breathed fast and had difficulty in doing so, in addition to a cough that did not end. He also could not speak and he had an irregular pulse."
We, at Soccer Laduma, wish both Rodriguez and Recber a speedy recovery!