CAF have confirmed that the Champions League final between Esperance and Wydad Casablanca will be replayed.
Read: CAF Final Abandoned, Esperance Crowned African Champs!
Esperance were crowned champions for the second year in a row in controversial circumstances after the second leg was abandoned.
Wydad were not happy that their disallowed goal was not checked by VAR, and they refused to enter the field of play before the match was abandoned.
CAF have now confirmed that the match will be replayed in a country outside of Tunisia.
The statement read:
The CAF Executive Committee meeting decided on June 5th, 2019, in Paris, unanimously, that:
• the conditions of game and safety were not met during the 2nd leg of the CAF Champions League final held on May 31, 2019, preventing the match from coming to an end;
• consequently, the 2nd leg match must be replayed on another ground outside Tunisian territory;
• all the CAF regulations relating to this competition are maintained for the said 2nd leg match;
• the date and venue of this meeting will be determined later by the CAF Executive Committee;
• consequently, Espérance de Tunis will have to render to the CAF Secretariat trophy and medals awarded on May 31, 2019, upon official notification of this decision;
• all other aspects of disciplinary, organization and refereeing will be submitted to the relevant committees for processing and decisions.