Manchester United were believed to be chasing Jadon Sancho's signature earlier this year, and it now been revealed that the Red Devils even had an official meeting with Borussia Dortmund over a potential transfer.
Sancho, who struck twice for England in their 5-3 win over Kosovo on Tuesday night, has reportedly been on United's radar since he first took his career to Germany in August 2017.
His performances have only increased their interest, and it has now been confirmed that United chiefs were desperate to make a move for him ahead of this season.
In a recent documentary series called All or Nothing, with this specific part focusing on Dortmund, the Bundesliga club's sporting director Michael Zorc revealed they held a meeting with the English giants to discuss a potential move for Sancho.
Speaking to fellow club chiefs Matthias Sammer, Sebastian Kehl and chairman Hans-Joachim Watzke, Zorc opened up about United's pursuit of the 19-year-old.
"A hot topic right now is Sancho and Manchester United," he said, according to the Daily Mirror.
"Both his discussions with the club and mine with the consultants.
"A meeting did take place. Manchester United invited the consultant.
"But according to what I know, the consultant told the club that no matter how much money they offer, we won't let him go this summer.
"But the player also has no intention of taking that step this summer."
Sancho might still be one of United's main targets ahead of next season, especially after his excellent start to this campaign, having already scored three goals and assisted a further four strikes in five matches across all competitions for BVB.
Do you think United need a player like Sancho? Let us know in the comments section below.