Unfortunately, as we all know there is very little if any football happening in the world at the moment, but thankfully we’ve been able to get our fix with eFootball PES 2020 and there’s good news on the horizon as Konami, the developers of the Pro Evolution Soccer franchise, announced that there is a free update on the way. The update is dedicated to the UEFA EURO 2020 tournament that should have taken place this year but has been delayed to June 2021.
Konami revealed that the UEFA EURO 2020 downloadable content for eFootball PES 2020 will launch on 4th June with the Data Pack 7.0 update. Running with the theme of good news, here’s some more… it’ll be 100% free for anyone who owns the game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One or Steam for PC. The developers have made a few changes to the previously announced DLC contents, but shared the following details:
- All 55 UEFA national teams will be available, including their full squad rosters and current kits.
- Incredibly realistic recreations of Wembley Stadium and Saint Petersburg Stadium will be added
- The official UEFA EURO 2020 Group Stage match ball will be available
- UEFA EURO 2020 Featured Players, themed Matchdays and other in-game events are still planned but are subject to change – all details will be shared in-game.
- The official UEFA EURO 2020 tournament mode will be added as promised
- Unfortunately, the UEFA EURO 2020 Team of the Tournament will no longer be available
Additionally, just before the DLC launches, the UEFA eEURO 2020 esports tournament will be concluded. The final group stage of 16 national teams is taking place 23-24 May.
Now that the real teams aren’t able to play, who do you think will be crowned the eFootball champions of EURO in 2020?