Three Best & Worst Of Bafana Vs Ghana
Bafana Bafana's Africa Cup of Nations campaign came to end tonight after losing 2-1 to Ghana in their final group game, but who were the three best and worst performers on the night?
Once again Shakes Mashaba's side took the lead and in spectacular fashion, courtesy of a sublime volley from Mandla Masango in the first half.
However, much like Bafana's opening two games, we managed to let the lead slip once again, as John Boye and Andre Ayew sealed the Black Stars' spot in the last eight and sent Bafana crashing out.
Here’s what I thought.
The Three Who Impressed:
1) Mandla Masango - Given his first start, and looked lively a few times down the right flank and not forgetting his amazing volley to hand Bafana the lead.
2) Brilliant Khuzwayo - Made his Africa Cup of Nations debut in a must-win match and although he ended up on the losing side, Khuzwayo did well under the high ball and managed to communicate well with his defenders.
3) Anele Ngcongca - Quietly went about his job down the right flank and managed to hold his own against the lively Wakaso Mubarak.
The Three Who Disappointed
1) Andile Jali - Not one of Jali's best games in a Bafana shirt, struggled to get going from the onset and went missing on a few occasions, while his passing was sloppy as well.
2) Rivaldo Coetzee - Drafted back into the starting 11 but he's inexperience showed in the second half, giving away unnecessary free-kicks in our own half. This will serve as a good learning experience for the young defender.
3) Tokelo Rantie - Deployed alongside Bongani Ndulula in the attack, however the pair never managed to link up on any occasion, while he was left frustrated against the Ghanaian back four.
Who do you think were the best and worst performers against Ghana?