This season's Absa Premiership campaign for the league's goalkeepers was an interesting one, with Kaizer Chiefs' Itumeleng Khune not enjoying the best season, while Denis Onyango put his hand up at Mamelodi Sundowns. But who are the 10 most valuable stoppers in the league?
At Chiefs, all three goalkeepers had a shot in goal over the course of the season, but it was Khune who played the most. His season was undoubtedly marred with injury and disappointing form, and this resulted in his net worth depreciating.
Despite this, though, the Glamour Boys man remains the most valuable goalkeeper in the league, while Sundowns have two of their men on the list. The likes of Reyaad Pieterse and Brilliant Khuzwayo fail to make it into the top 10, though.
What is impressive to note is that nine different PSL clubs are represented on this list, and there are some interesting names too.
Here is the full list of the 10 most valuable PSL goalkeepers:
10. Mbongeni Mzimela (Platinum Stars) - R4.25 million
9. Maximilian Mbaeva (Golden Arrows) - R4.25 million
8. Brighton Mhlongo (Orlando Pirates) - R5.1 million
7. Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United) - R5.1 million
6. Patrick Tignyemb (Bloemfontein Celtic) - R6.8 million
5. Anssi Jaakkola (Ajax Cape Town) - R6.8 million
4. Denis Onyango (Mamelodi Sundowns) - R7.65 million
3. Kennedy Mweene (Mamelodi Sundowns) - R7.65 million
2. Ronwen Williams (SuperSport United) - R12.75 million
1. Itumeleng Khune (Kaizer Chiefs) - R14.45 million
Is there a goalkeeper that you feel is missing from this list?
Note: These values were taken from Transfermarkt, and may not reflect the real value of the players.