The Buccaneers left it late, but Kermit Erasmus was on hand to give Pirates a 2-1 win over Amazulu on Wednesday.
I'll be honest, I was worried that we wouldn't start with a win for a while, especially when our old captain OJ Mabizela grabbed the goal to put them in the lead.
But my two strikers, who both came on as substitutes, grabbed the goals. First Lehlohonolo Majoro, then that last minute Kermit Erasmus winner.
My Best 3 Bucs on the night
1) Majoro - A great goal but what impressed me was how he never stopped working. Great interplay with Erasmus for the winner too.
2) Siyabonga Sangweni - He may not be as young as he used to be, but tonight Sangweni looked the defender of old. He and Tshepo Gumede could be a great centreback pairing
3) Erasmus - looked dangerous the moment he came on, and deservedly got the winner.
My Worst 3 Bucs on the night
1) Mpho Makola - not the worst night but just didn't get into the game. A quiet 6.
2) Sifiso Myeni - like Makola, just seemed like it wasn't his night. Usually far more involved.
3) Lennox Bacela - Just not sure that Bacela should be starting. Seemed isolated, but that could have been due to lack of supply